Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Graphic PICS from Biopsy.... August 20th


"one of the best lessons you can learn in life is to master how to remain calm." -Catherine Pulsifer


Before I get to the VERY graphic pictures of my lesion and the biopsy of my lesion…I am going to talk about my continued birthday festivities with my friends. I went out this weekend and had my friends sleep over at my house for about three nights in a row and it was an amazing weekend and definitely got my mind off of what I knew was coming on monday…..the biopsy….


Going into my doctor's appointment.. I knew I was about to get a biopsy. I was ready. My blood work was normal as usual…I found out that I don't have to take prednisone anymore so if I gain weight, that's my own fault…can't blame it on medication anymore. I had my friend, Diamond, come with me to the doctor to hold me hand during the biopsy because that first shot that goes in to numb it….is PAINFUL…….this time it wasn't as painful though which was weird. There really are no words to say more about the actual biopsy…below are the pictures of the biopsy and if you get weird about graphic surgery looking pictures….don't look. I get the results of my biopsy next week and if there is no cancer left in this lesion..they will do a few more tests and see if I'm completely cancer free. If there is still cancer in my lesion, they want to find an alternative treatment for me since I had a very bad reaction to Brentuximab. I want to be very optimistic about next week but I just don't want to get my hopes up if it does end up being bad news…..

WARNING: Graphic pictures……these are the first pictures of me actually showing what my cancerous lesion looks like and where it is…sooo yeah
Her putting the numbing shot in.....I was holding Diamond's hand so tight lol

all numb...

getting the actual biopsy done...didnt feel ishhhh

stitching me up

last stitch!


now for the wait.........Monday needs to hurry on up....(oh and i realize that my hat is not actually on my head in all these pics....it was just there to hold on to and cover my eyes with)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions