Saturday, July 20, 2013

ESPYS -- July 20


"When writing the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen" - Brian Tracey

I did runyon again with my sister…I literally hate working out..I had to stop every like 5 minutes…It is very rewarding when you get to the top though..I am having some chest pains but I don't know if it's because I really am having chest pains or it is because I forgot to wear two sports bras. (if you have big tatas, you know why that is important). Below are pics from runyon =)




I've been dealing with random symptoms after this treatment….I'm always tired but have trouble sleeping, random stomach pains and I got these small bumps on both of my arms and legs…the doctor said it's from the treatment and I have nothing to worry about but I was scared for a second…I also gained about 10 pounds since May 20th (the day I found out)..I dont know where or how but it happened...so that's weird...ANYWAY....


I was lucky enough to be invited to the ESPYS this year by a friend. I was told 30 minutes before that I was going so I got ready in literally 20 minutes. I usually don't take long to get ready for anything so it really wasn't a problem. ANYWAY….when I got there, I had great seats. Before I get to the emotional parts of the evening…..I was asked by two men to be an actress for something…..I kindly denied both of their offers because I would be the WORST actress ever. My friends were like that would be cool to be on TV or whatever but literally the last thing I want to be is famous. (not saying I would be famous from saying yes to those men but I am just not interested)….


Also another thing…..the way that some athletes approach women is ridiculous….One man stood outside the bathroom for when I got out to say "Yo…just tell me your name.."…….umm.. "my name is Kristin…I gotta go.."…like no. And at the ESPYS after party…some man came up to me…stopped in front of me…looked me up and down..and said "mm mm mm" ….i literally made this face -_-… and kept walking….like hell no. What successful men don't understand is that SOME women don't care how much you make or how good looking you are…you have to be able to approach me like I have some respect or I won't give you a second look….


ANYWAY…. I was sitting there so happy I was at the awards that I was not prepared for what was about to come… the Arthur Ashe courage award. Robin Roberts had a beautiful speech and the video that came before had me sobbing. I know plenty of people around me were tearing up and what not…but I was literally crying like blowing my nose…..A few months ago, her story would have maybe brought one tear to my eye but after being diagnosed with cancer and KNOWING what she feels, it hit me way harder. Below are a few quotes from her speech that really touched me:

"through it all, I learned that true strength isn't when you face down life's challenges on your own…it's when you take them on by accepting the help, faith and love of others and knowing you are lucky to have those."

"When fear knocks, let faith answer the door…"

"find the meaning behind whatever it is you're going through because everybody has got something."

At the ESPYS after party, I was fortunate enough to speak with Stuart Scott. He was diagnosed with cancer again in January of this year. I whispered to him that I was just diagnosed with cancer in May…he gave me the biggest hug and gave me hope. He told me everything will be okay. He has been a survivor of cancer before and will be a survivor again. His strength is inspiring. He said before we departed ways  "gimme a hug…" and that hug made my eyes tear up because we know each others struggle…we know each others pain and although we are both so scared, we are standing strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions