Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Students -- Thursday -- May 30th 6PM

"look your life straight in the eye!" - Helen Keller


Everyone that knows me knows that my students that I have been working with for the last year are my everything! They have been texting and calling me everyday since I left. They have put pictures up of me saying how much of a difference I've made in their lives. The most amazing things ever.

Here are some examples =)


 






Here is a few excerpts from one of my students. She wrote this essay on her hero (me)!

"One of my every day hero’s would have to be Ms. Graves. She is a hero of mine because a hero has your back no matter what. She had my back through thick and thin. In other words, she’s simply amazing. She’s cool to talk to, pretty, outgoing, and athletic just to name a few. Thus far in my life, she has made the greatest impact on my high school experience and me. She is like another sister I never asked for but glad I have."

"I didn’t even have a relationship with my sisters like I had with her. I knew she would keep it 100 with me. I wouldn’t lie to her and I know she would not lie to me. I can’t say that she was the only reason why I would go to school because I knew I had to go to school regardless but everyday I loved seeing her big forehead avatar looking fish tail braid self. Sometimes I would try to play mad at her but it never worked because she always used to catch me and pinch my neck. I just couldn’t pretend to be mad at her. It was impossible. I feel comfortable talking to her and telling her things. I would honestly go to her for advice before I go to my family or friends."

The following is an excerpt once I suddenly left when I found out I was sick...

"One day, she disappeared! She stopped coming to work. I started going to tutoring, getting help with projects, doing all my work but where was Ms. Graves? I felt betrayed because she told me to come and I did and she wasn’t there. The crazy part was she was the only city year person I would talk to. I told all my friends that she left me out to dry. I really planned on going to tutoring etc, but “oh well, forget her” were my exact words. I was done! I didn’t care. I didn’t want to hear her name. I was really kind of heartbroken then I was like I don’t even care about school. I am about to be out any ways. She’s probably in Time Square somewhere. I can’t speak for all the students at school but every day I asked about her! Not a day went by I didn’t ask but after a week, I stopped caring I didn’t ask anymore but deep, deep down I missed her! I never showed it, I just couldn’t wait till school was over. It was boring without Ms. Graves bugging me. I just couldn’t deal. She showed up after school one day to tell me and other students here she had been. It all made sense. She wasn’t betraying me, she was sick. Now that I knew what happened, I threw all of my anger of her not coming out the window. I can’t wait to see what the future holds with my sister, Kristin Graves.  I love you chick."

Now here are some pictures of my students and how amazing they are! I wish I had pictures of them all. But they have made the past year amazing. <3









2 comments:

  1. awe we missed you so much yesterday. Graduation wasn't the same without you. Im so glad you got to share some of who you were with these kids. Thanks for making me cry! love ya -Wondie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can hardly find a student who enjoys writing a college papers. Among all the other tasks they get assigned in college, writing essays is one of the most difficult assignments. Fortunately for students, there are many offers nowadays which help to make this process easier. The best service which can help you is HelpWriting.net

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions