Monday, June 3, 2013

First Treatment - June 3rd

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength..." (Corrie ten Boom)


I got my first treatment today! When I got there, I was put into a room with three other ladies getting chemo. They were all in their 60s/70s. The nurse gave me a Benadryl and injected hydrocortisone in my arm before my treatment started. She also gave me a packet telling me about Brentuximab. Of course, I skipped everything with all the big medical terms and went straight to the side effects. Possible side effects include chest pain, anemia, feeling fizzy, headache, belly pain, cough, swelling and upset stomach. I thought there would be no side effects but oh well....we will see because it effects everyone differently.

Anyway, the treatment lasted about 45 minutes...felt like 5 hours. I just sat there bored, no service to look at my phone.....My friend said I should start reading during that time but honestly reading just makes me tired and its just really not my thing. Maybe ill try it out though... I wrote in my diary for about 20 minutes then just stared at my father emailing people for the rest of the time...so that was a blast.

Below is a video while I was waiting for my treatment to be over....


After my treatment, I had horrible chest pains. I told my Dad and then called to see what I should do and they said to come to urgent care. I went to urgent care and after them doing a chest x-ray found that my catheter went down too far into the right chamber of my heart. The chest pain was so bad but they pulled the catheter out a little and now my chest feels perfectly fine.

This weekend before my treatment, I got my catheter cleaned and redressed and then I spent the weekend with my friends. It was a nice getaway because it made me kinda forget that I have cancer then today came around and I had to snap back into reality...

Last night, my mom had me get this reflexology massage. All the nerves in your body end in your foot so they massage just your foot and they can tell which places are sensitive and tell you what exactly you are struggling with. She was able to pin point my high anxiety levels. She also knew that I haven't gotten my period since I found out about cancer due to my anxiety. She told me that I need to get more sleep and write down things in my diary that I wouldn't necessarily right on here or tell anyone. I'm going to listen to her because she really seemed like she knew what she was talking about. I'm excited to see her again...

During my reflexology massage ....
My next appointment is not until Monday.. I'm hoping that there is some kind of progress with my lesion/tumor on my stomach! We will see....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions