Friday, May 31, 2013

Catheter -- Friday -- May 31st 1:20PM

(from my brother's friend, Alyssa) --> "what has happened to me has shaped my life, but it does not define me."


Before the procedure at City of Hope (literally it looks like a campus..such a beautiful facility)


Today I went to the doctor at 9pm to get a catheter put in my arm. I don't know how to describe it in like medical terms so I'm gonna explain it in my own words (which is gonna be horrible explaining)...basically its this IV kind of that they put in my arm that goes all the way to the middle of my chest in a vein. This catheter is put in because I have horrible veins and I don't want to have to keep getting poked whenever they need to take blood or give me treatments. The end of the catheter sticks out of my arm and thats where they connect the treatments I will be receiving and thats when they will get blood when I need my blood drawn. I have to keep it on for 6 months with a bandage over it. 

I just went to pasadena with this bandage on my arm and the person in American Apparel asked me why I had this bandage on and i never like saying "oh, cuz I have cancer"...but I don't know what else to say so whatever...sooo I said "I was just diagnosed with cancer and they are going to give me treatments through here but don't worry I'm not dying..." ...after I said that I was like (in my head)...why would she be worried? idk why I said that.....needless to say, she felt really awkward after that..and so did I....I need to think of a better way to say things.... in general.


I find out at 230/3PM today whether I'm doing Chemo or Brentuximab.....I'm nervous because they are such different treatments...one has a zillion side effects and one has barely any.....one will change my life dramatically and one will barely change it at all.....

 Below is after the procedure of the catheter. I am in a lot of pain now..its sore and I feel like I can't move my arm. I also feel like I feel the thing in my chest..but thats probably just in my head.

Below is a video once I got in the car after my procedure.....only ppl that know me will understand my sarcasm....but whatever. =)! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions