Wednesday, May 29, 2013

PET scan - Sunday -- May 26, 2013


I got my PET scan yesterday. They injected me with a lot of stuff that took an hour to go through my body. It was a weird feeling because I felt the stuff going in while she was injecting it. I took an hour nap before the PET scan. The PET scan was tough for me because I cannot sit still and I had to sit still for 30 MINUTES.

After the PET scan, the woman was like..
“do you have a church?, you should pray on this one…”
I literally looked at her like why…did you just see my results and think I’m going to die? I think I literally said that because WHY would you tell me I need to pray after you look at my damn PET scan results…..In her defense, she was an elderly black woman who is really religious and she told me she says that to everyone.

Anyway, yesterday was the one year anniversary of my grandmothers death. My sister and my mom, while they were waiting for me, saw a bunch of ambulances and ran to make sure I was okay. My mom told the concierge guy to call and say “Roberta Graves” is calling to make sure Kristin’s okay. When he called (even with my mothers name written down), he said “Barbara graves in calling to make sure Kristin is okay.” To me, that is a sign that my grandmother is here with me. I know she is here with me every step of the way. I am going to be strong for her. I am going to be strong like she was.

I’m not going to mention names on here but a woman who has been helping me so much in LA from the beginning of me being here, connected me with a woman who will make me a custom wig. I was told I may not be losing my eyebrows and eyelashes soo with a great custom wig, I MAY look normal…..whatever normal is.

Tuesday I find out the results and get a bone marrow biopsy. I’m nervous but I have to remain optimistic. Without the strength of my mother and sister by my side, I couldn’t do this. Love those women <3