Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bone Marrow - Wednesday-- May 29, 2013 10:30PM



“believe you are far bigger than anything that can happen to you. Believe you are here for a reason.”

This morning I got to City of Hope at 8am. I am always nervous but this time I was extremely nervous because this is the first procedure I have ever gotten in my life. AND the first time being put under. When I got there, they put this huge IV in my arm and it just hurt. Mainly because I hate needles and it was just like -_-. I sat there with this IV in my arm for about 30 minutes until my doctor came and I’m always put at ease and happy when I see him. The woman came in to give me the anesthesia…she starting injecting it into me and I remember saying out loud “OOO I FEEL IT!” ..then I woke up and it was over….so weird but it was cool. I woke up and I guess the numbness where he did the bone marrow was still there because I couldn’t feel anything. I also took pictures of myself right after I woke up that I literally don’t remember taking…ANYWAY…Dr. Forman told my parents that it is good that I was put under because my bone was very very hard to get, Young bones are always hard he said and if I was awake it would be quite painful.

I left the hospital at like 11am and drove to go apartment hunting with my parents. I was walking around just fine and nothing really hurt. At about 3pm, I started getting the worst pains. It hurt to walk, lay down, stand up, sit down….everything. I was like geez louise…why am I in so much pain….and my mom reminded me its because he had to really push to get my bone marrow…..I am currently in bed and it still hurts but I took some advil and its feeling a little better. My mom left today and now its just me and my dad! He will be here on Friday when I find out whether I’m doing chemo or Brentuximab and he will be here Monday when I start my treatment whatever that might be. We will see!
Before the bone marrow biopsy

after the bone marrow biopsy