Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Catheter is out! July 2

"Life is simple, it's just not easy"

The catheter is out!!! When they took off the bandages protecting the catheter, they saw that all the tape they were using to cover it was irritating my skin so right now it looks like I have eczema on half of my arm. They pulled a 42 inch tube out of my arm and I literally didn't feel a thing. I was expecting to be in so much pain!



I was always so uncomfortable with the catheter on my arm so I really am overjoyed that it is no longer in me. I no longer have to cover half my arm before I get in the shower. I no longer have to explain what it is every day! I'm so happy it's out...Because the catheter is out, I only have to get poked once every THREE weeks for blood draw and treatment..I still have to go back to the doctor once a week so that they can check the progression of my tumor. Below is a video from when I was getting my catheter taken out.
As everyone knows, I don't react well to people pitying me. I made a video of the top three reactions I get from older people when I tell them I have cancer.

Anyway...as I was walking around City Of Hope yesterday. I went to the library because I had a lot of spare time in between appointments. I found a whole section explaining different cancers, treatment, coping, and symptom management. They had a whole section for lymphoma and I took a few books to read at home but one is definitely my favorite. In this book they give great advice on what to do in between treatments, how to steer away from negative thoughts, and why it's important to have a diary throughout this whole process. I made this blog to help others but I now realize I also made this blog because cancer is too big and scary to deal with alone. This blog has not only helped others but it also helps me to cope with my cancer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions