Thursday, June 6, 2013

doctor-free week! June 6 - 10PM

"a day without laughter is a day wasted"


In my last post I was complaining a lot... I know. My lesion/tumor has gone down drastically. My catheter is not hurting my chest or arm anymore. My morning routine covering my lesion and catheter up is still a pain though.

ANYWAY!
This week was great because I had no doctor appointments after Monday...My Aunt Caroline and Aunt Val came to check on me and spend time with me. My mom came again... Everything has been great this week. I met up with people that live in California that I will definitely keep in contact with throughout treatment as well. It's definitely important to have people around you and feel loved during treatment because that's what is really keeping me going. Teddy (my brother) also goes out of his way everyday to call me and brighten up my day. I couldn't ask for better siblings in Erika, Gibby, Teddy and Sam. Love you guys =) (and Nica)


Today I went back to my school to surprise my students! Definitely the best day I've had since I found out I have cancer. They brighten up my day and I literally don't think I stopped smiling the whole three hours I was with them. I'm not going to go on and on about them but below are some pictures and a video of my amazing amazing amazing students.

 


Last but not least, Yanna Jackson (my two best friends (Erin and Taylor) little sister), sent me the nicest scrapbook filled with pictures of my friendship with Erin and Taylor over the years. It was so thoughtful filled with quotes and little flowers and stuff. I am bad at describing things but I have a picture of it below. I actually cried a little but I didn't tell Yanna that. It was really one of the best gifts I could ask for especially now.


Anyway..this was really just to keep people updated and to let everyone know I'm doing great! I have THREE doctors appointments on Monday, June 10th. I pray that everything goes well and we are making some progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions