Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Follow Up with the Doc -- June 18


"There is no profit in curing the body if in the process we destroy the soul." 

Three appointments today --- 3 hours at the hospital….

I am not going to complain about having to go to the hospital every week for hours and hours although I really want to…

Good news is that the doctor said my recovery has been remarkable. My tumor used to be 10.5cm and it is now 5.5cm. My blood work is all normal except for my liver enzymes being elevated once again. My doctors exact words were "the elevated liver enzymes are most likely from the treatment unless you are lying to me about how much you're drinking…"..I really haven't been lying to him about my drinking so I know for a fact it's from my treatment. 
Below is a picture when I was bored waiting for the nurse to come in.. I decided to give myself an ear examination =) (not actually…that would be kinda unsanitary to actually put that in my ear)


I got my catheter cleaned and redressed again. The nurse doing it was so optimistic and happy. She laughed at everything I said too which made me feel like I was actually funny for a second. I know what I was saying was really not that funny but she made it seem like it was sooo whatever. Her stomach kept growling and she said she just ate so she doesn't know why…and I was like "well I guess you gotta use the bathroom.." she laughed and then told me "You must be a bad girl…"..I don't really know how she came to that conclusion from me telling her that she probably had to go to the bathroom but yeah…

I discover something new overtime I walk around City of Hope. Today I discovered the "House of Hope." House of hope is a synagogue on City of Hope's campus for the patients and their families. I didn't have much time to walk around more and find out about what they have for other religions but next time I go, I'm definitely going to take some time to see what else City of Hope's campus provides for their patients and families.

I got to show my father the wishing trees today. He put up his wish on the same tree that my mom and I put our wishes on. Below is a picture of what he wrote and him hanging up the wish. 
"I wish that my beautiful daughter Kristin recovers quickly, and that this experience guides her for the rest of her long life!"
I received a package when I got home from one of my mom's best friends, Beth! I love Beth.. I saw her yesterday at the event I went to and she is just a joy to be around..not many people can make me laugh and smile but she does! I was so excited to open the package from her. In the package was two books, two seasons of House of Lies and a gift card to Intermix. Literally the three things I need right now so it was perfect. I've been trying to start reading and I'm already starting one the of the books called Tell No One by Harlan Coben. I've never heard of House of Lies (the tv show) but I can't wait to start watching it. Now I have something to do during my treatments!!! Thank you soo much Beth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions